With the 21st Century Cures Act EVV™ mandate for Home Health and Personal Care Services, it is important that agencies have a quick, easy, and reliable way to confirm visit data at the point of service. As landline use continues to decline, many providers utilize mobile electronic visit verification to stay compliant. In fact, many households no longer have landlines available. According to the Early Release of Estimates from the National Health Interview Survey from July-December 2021, 68.7% of adults and 79.1% of children lived in wireless-only households.
How Home Care Agencies Can Utilize EVV for Wireless-only Households
Home care agencies can take advantage of these wireless households and the ability to use apps to verify services provided. For home care provider agencies to be compliant with the CARES Act, their EVV system must verify the type of home care service performed; the individual receiving the service; the date of the service; the location where the service was delivered; the individual providing the service; and the time the service begins and ends.
Historically, EVV was largely driven by the caregiver using the client’s landline phone to check in/out and document tasks using codes. With the 21st Century Cures Act requirement that all Medicaid Personal Care Services be verified using EVV technology, many states are embracing the benefits of mobile technology and pursuing mobile technologies as the primary method of visit verification.
Sandata’s Mobile Connect ® application is available on Apple and Android devices.
Here are the top 9 benefits of using Sandata Mobile Connect.
- 21 Century Cures Act compliant- Captures all required data elements
- Works offline when providers don’t have wifi nor cell/data service
- Provides real-time access to schedules and plans of care for caregivers
- Captures tasks performed at the point of service
- Allows for client visit verification (E-signature)
- Integrates with Google maps to provide turn-by-turn directions
- Available in 28 different languages
- Offers a paperless experience for time and duty sheets
- HIPAA compliant
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) technology reduces paperwork, increases organizational efficiency, and ensures compliance and continuity of care for your patients.
Click here to learn more.